The proof is in the picture?

I'm still not complaining. Well, kind of not complaining. OK, I'm complaining a little bit.

I, along with about a zillion other Packers' fans, saw a facemask by the Cardinals' Michael Adams on the final play of Arizona's wild 51-45 overtime win over Green Bay Sunday in the NFC Wild Card Playoffs.

Apparently, the officials didn't see it and the talking heads who, when not looking in the mirror, analyzed the game afterwards and didn't see it. Oh yeah, the Cardinals fans did not see the facemask either.

First of all, the Packers didn't get cheated with the missed call. It happens. They lost the game because they made too many costly mistakes and couldn't stop the Arizona offense. Rated the No. 2 defense in the NFL, their performance was perplexing, to say the least.

But check out the picture by Matt York of AP Images. Somebody please tell me that his hand is not on the facemask. In the close-up video of the play, it shows that Aaron Rodgers' head is yanked around from it.

Maybe I just don't know the rules well enough.

Again, the Packers lost the game for other reasons than this play, but as a fan who always wants his team to win, I saw the play through green and yellow glasses. And of course, Jerry Rice fumbled (no instant replay then) a couple of plays before Terrell Owens' TD catch to beat the Packers in the 1999 playoffs.

I can't help it.

With that said, I'm done complaining.

Who am I fooling. I'll complain Monday night on the radio (Sportsline Live).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me