Final Four

When you're trying to at least stay competitive, one out of two is bad.

That's what happened on my bracket on Saturday. Going from worst to first wasn't going to quite happen in my pool, but if I would have gotten my way, I would have made a pretty impressive showing in the end.

Thanks Kansas. Or should I say, thanks for nothing North Carolina. I picked the Tar Heels to beat the Jayhawks and then win it all with a victory over Memphis.

Of course, that was bracket-speak. In the real world, I did predict that North Carolina and Memphis would probably win close games. I was 0-for-2 there. Memphis did win, but dominated UCLA for the most part and Kansas routed North Carolina. So much for thinking that with four No. 1 seeds playing for the first time in history, they would be good games.

It just goes to show you that anything can happen and usually does.

I might as well miss on my title-game prediction as well. I predict Memphis edging the Jayhawks for the championship.

That likely means you better put your money on Kansas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me