Lobos soccer goes MMA

Caught this on ESPN, then on YouTube. It's the highlights of BYU-New Mexico women's soccer MWC semifinals.

I guess if you want some national recognition without winning, this is the way to do it. BYU beat New Mexico 1-0 in the match, but check out the dirty play of the Lobos Elizabeth Lambert.

In case you are wondering, New Mexico beat Wyoming 1-0 to earn a spot in the semifinals.

New Mexico dirty play

On Friday Nw Mexico head cpoach Kit Vela announcd that Lambert is prohibited from taking part in practices, games and conditioning, coach Kit Vela announced Friday.

"Liz is a quality student-athlete, but in this instance her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship," Vela said.

Also on Friday, Lambert apologized for her actions.

"I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary," Lambert said. "This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them.

"I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players that were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."

If you are in Albuquerque anytime soon, my advice, especially for the players in the crowd, don't tick off Lambert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me