Tweet, Tweet, Tweet

I have officially joined the world of Tweeting, signing up on Twitter a few days ago.

I'm really not sure why. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be on Facebook and Twitter, I would have called you crazy. Evidently, I am the crazy one.

My parents, like a lot of parents, would say to me as a kid, "If your friends jumped off a cliff, would you follow them?"

Of course, being the smart #$% that I was, I said yes.

I got an invitation to join Facebook from my oldest brother a while back and blew him off for a long time. I didn't want any part of it, thinking it was just for kids. I eventually gave in and joined. For the most part, I'm glad I did. It's a good way to keep in touch with family and friends, although I don't really give a hoot when somebody goes to bed or what they had for dinner, nor do I really care about some of the attention-seeking drama that goes on with some people with their woe is me posts.

But there are positives. When my wife was really sick this spring, I asked my friends and family to pray for her and they did. She is doing much better these days, thank you.

And believe it or not, even my 80-year-old mother is now on Facebook. I am a little worried about her, though. Mom, please don't post any pictures of any wild sorority parties from the night before. Just kidding.

I really had no desire to join Twitter. For a long time, I didn't even know what it was. But evidently, you're nobody if you don't Tweet. It's the new social network for the really important people. It's the exact opposite of what I care about.

So I signed up.

I guess I'll try to work it in with my online blogging and writing on WyomingSports.org and CowboyBlitz.com (if Scout.com ever sends me the paperwork ... hint, hint.). Evidently, it's the thing to do in reporting the news as well.

You're seeing a lot of coaches and athletes Tweet now. Evidently, there are ways to get around on the recruitment trail on Facebook and Twitter, which is OK with the NCAA. In fact, Wyoming football coach Dave Christensen has a Wyoming football Twitter page, as does the University of Wyoming athletics department.

Several other Mountain West Conference coaches are on Twitter, as well as most of the big college football and basketball coaches in the country.

I remember when I started using a computer (with floppy disks) when working on stories, instead of the typewriter. That was technology and progress, I thought.

Now I have to figure out how to Tweet from my cell phone.

I'm getting too old for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Do fired NFL coaches still get paid?