Big innings early in MLB

If I had the time or patience, I would try to look up the fact that there have been a few big innings in Major League Baseball this weekend.

On Friday, the Twins scored nine runs in the eighth inning, capped by a grand slam home run by Jason Kubel (yeah) to beat the Angels 11-9.

On Saturday, the Indians scored an amazing 14 runs in the second inning en route to a 22-4 crushing of the Yankees (yeah).

On Sunday, the Dodgers scored seven runs in the sixth inning, including a grand slam by Jeff Kemp (yeah, he's on my fantasy team) in the 14-2 win over the Rockies (boo).

Three teams -- 3 separate innings, 29 runs.

I doubt that there is a record for something like this, but it would be interesting, if there was, how this weekend fared in that regard.

It also seems a little strange to me because pitching usually dominates hitting early in the season.

Oh well, that's why I love baseball. You go by the book and nothing goes as planned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me