What say you about Wyoming Sports.org?

In case you are wondering, yes, I am still alive.

I do have to say that at times this week, thanks to a stomach bug, I wasn't so sure. I won't go into details, nor do you want me to. But let's just say that it wasn't pleasant. So, to say the least, I haven't been able to devote much time (or have the desire) to Wyoming Sports.org this week.

But, I'm getting back to abnormal again, so I will try to keep up.

As some of you know, and others who don't know, I started Wyoming Sports.org a little over a year ago in an attempt to keep writing after my departure from the Boomerang after 18 1/2 years. To be honest, writing sports is all I have ever done and all I have ever wanted to do. I won't pretend to think that I'm the greatest sports writer (unlike many in this field), but I dare to find too many who have loved their job more than I have.

With that being said, the last year and a half has been difficult, there's no denying it, because I was put into a situation that I never should have been put in. If that makes a certain person responsible happy, then so be it.

With my desire to keep my family intact in Laramie, I chose to stay instead of pursuing another newspaper gig. I can't thank my wife, Teresa, and step-daughter, Cassie, enough for their patience.

I also have to thank David Settle for giving me a chance to keep in touch with local sports fans on Sportsline Live. I've enjoyed the gig and look forward to the future.

With basketball closing and things slowing down a bit, it's also an opportunity to take some time to work on the site in an effort to make improvements.

This site has been a one-man show the entire time, and while I've tried to keep up as much as possible, to have the coverage I desire, it's been difficult. What I basically need to do is get a little help, physically and financially. The two go hand in hand.

To have any revenue coming in, I basically have three options: 1) advertising; 2) make it a pay-to-read site; 3) donations.

Advertising has been slow and I won't make it a pay-to-read site.

To cover expenses and to try to improve the site, I recently put a PayPal donate tag on each page (open a story, it's on the upper right). I'm not one to beg, but donations are welcome. I guarantee you that all donations would go directly to upkeep. Actual advertising revenue goes in my pocket. I have to eat, after all.

I believe that those who know me understand that I am not begging just to beg. I've worked my tail off for the last 20 years here and I consider Laramie my home. What you have read on Wyoming Sports.org has basically been on my own dime, on my own time.

Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Tell me what I can do to improve this site. Just comment on this blog or give me a call (307-760-8397).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Do fired NFL coaches still get paid?