Super Bowl great but not greatest

I'm always a little hesitate on calling something the greatest ever and that includes Sunday's Super Bowl between the Steelers and the Cardinals.

Yes, it was a great game. It was a fun game to watch and it went down to the final seconds. That makes it one of the best Super Bowl games in its 43-year history.

Was it the greatest game ever? I'd say no. At times, both teams looked very good. At times, both teams looked as if they would self-destruct.

It was a very exciting Super Bowl in Super Bowl standards. Let's just leave it at that.
***
So, how about the rest of the Super Bowl hype? What did you think of the commercials? Bruce Springsteen's halftime show? The pregame singing from Faith Hill and Jennifer Hudson? The game announcing from John Madden and Al Michaels? The pregame and postgame festivities?

I'll be honest, I saw very little of the above mentioned. Working the radio broadcast on KOWB, I did have the TV on. But with a five-second difference from the radio airwaves to the television, I just jumped up and watched when there was a big play. I saw no commercials, I saw no pregame, I saw no postgame. I did hear some pregame and postgame, as well as Hill and Hudson's singing, and a little of Springsteen.

The game was enough for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me