Liar, liar, pants on fire

I'm not sure if this A-Rod affair is more suited for a VH-1 reality show or a soap opera.

I think reality shows are now the sign of the times, unfortunately. If this would have happened about 10 years ago, Alex Rodriguez is starring in "The Bold & The Beautiful."

I was kind of on the fence earlier about the whole situation. I guess it was because I go back to my days working near Seattle and A-Rod was a young Mariner. Even after he left Seattle, in some way, I kind of liked A-Rod. Well, let's put it this way, I didn't hate him.

The sad thing was that he never needed to use that crap. He was one of the best players in baseball. Now, I just don't know. First, he denies everything in an interview with Katie Couric (an interview with Katie Couric? Red flags, red flags).

Then comes the Sports Illustrated article. Then comes an interview with Peter Gammons. Then comes his spring training news conference on Tuesday in front of a zillion reporters.

I'm beginning to think that you can't believe anything from anybody these days. Now, when I here A-Rod talk, I say to myself ... "liar, liar." Of course, this morning after flipping ESPN channels that were dominated by the story, here comes the liar, liar in my head. Only this time, it was, "liar, liar, pants on fire/hanging from a telephone wire."

Awesome. When was the last time you heard someone say, "liar, liar, pants on fire/hanging from a telephone wire?"

So by now, you probably know what comes next. I google, "liar, liar, pants on fire." I come up with the 1965 song by the same name, from the group 'The Castaways." If you're under 45, you have no idea of who I am talking about. Ask your parents,

So here goes, I salute Alex Rodriguez with a YouTube video of Liar, Liar, by the Castaways.

Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me