Larry King + Dennis Miller+Amy Winehouse+Barry White equals rooting for the Cardinals

I'm going to do my best Larry King impersonation here: "If I could listen to Dennis Miller eight hours a day, I would."

The other day I was driving back from Cheyenne and listening to him on KFBC radio. During a commercial on some sort of tax relief business, he came up with the line: "I'd rather listen to Amy Winehouse sing Barry White's greatest hits than deal with the IRS."

Granted, it was very windy that day, but the old Cougar just about hit the ditch because I laughed so hard it almost made me lose control of the steering wheel.

I've got to use that line. Somewhere, somehow, it is going to happen. The problem is using the line at the right time. I would say preferably during Sportsline Live. Of course, I can't say "deal with the IRS" because that likely won't ever come up on a sports talk show. And besides, I don't want to tick them off, anyway.

It would have been perfect a couple of weeks ago if one of my co-hosts would have asked me if I was going to root for the Vikings in the NFL playoffs. I'd have the perfect answer: "I'd rather listen to Amy Winehouse sing Barry White's greatest hits than root for the Vikings."

Now that makes perfectly sense. The problem is, out of the four teams left in the Super Bowl tournament -- Steelers, Ravens, Cardinals, Eagles -- I don't really dislike any of them. That is also going to make it hard to root for a team. Maybe I'll root for the Cardinals, because, hey, let's face it, they are the Cardinals.

The funny thing is I'm not sure if I have ever heard any of Amy Winehouse's music. I can guarantee you that I wouldn't like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Do fired NFL coaches still get paid?