Working on the weekend

It's Friday. The calm before the storm. TGIF.

The band Loverboy belted out "Working for the Weekend." For me, it's "Working on the Weekend."

When I was in the newspaper business, my "weekend off" was Sunday and Monday. Now, there's really no such thing as having a weekend off.

The fun all begins Saturday at 9 a.m. with the Cowboys pregame show on KOWB. Then it's the game -- Wyoming vs. Colorado State in the 100th meeting of The Border War. The battle for the Bronze Boot. The end of Sheep Week.

Then at 6 p.m., it's the Wyoming men's basketball team hosting Johnson & Wales. I know what you're saying ... Johnson & Wales? No, it's not a show on the Food Network. It's basketball. We'll do double duty here -- first with the Associated Press and then with Wyoming Sports.org. I'm looking at wrapping it up about 11 p.m.

On Sunday, we have the Cowgirls hosting Gonzaga at 2 p.m. Again, double dipping here with the AP and Wyoming Sports.org.

Hey, what can I say? I'm king of the part-time gigs. I'm not even counting the jobs that don't revolve around sports. But that's why I do what I do. It's all about sports for yours truly. It has been since I was but a wee lad. Yes, I'm part Irish, so I can say wee lad.

OK, since I was a small boy. Whatever.

The point is, I'm not complaining. For those in the business, weekends like this are a burn ... but a good burn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me