Remembering 9/11


Malcom Evans

I'm going to take a brief step away from sports. Sometimes it is necessary.

Today marks the seventh anniversary of one of the saddest and most difficult days in United States history. It's one of those moments where you think back and remember what were you doing when you first heard about 9/11.

For me, I was sleeping on my couch as I prepared to move back to Wyoming from Washington. I had sold my bed and the couch was all I had. I fell asleep that night with the TV on and woke up to the Twin Towers collapsing under terrorist attack. Originally, I thought it was just a bad dream ... actually, I think I was dreaming about it just before I awoke.

It was no bad dream; it was reality. It is something I will never forget and something I hope all Americans never forget.

As we look back at the tragic day, let's remember those who died and say a prayer for them and their families. Let's also be thankful that the United States has not been attacked since and give credit for those trying to keep us safe. They deserve our prayers, thanks and support.

God Bless America!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Do fired NFL coaches still get paid?