Rockies-Padres marathon

So, did you see all 22 innings of the Rockies-Padres game last night and this morning?

I will say that I saw the bottom of the 22nd inning, with the Rocks winning 2-1. I actually didn't start watching until the 10th inning. From that point on, I'd watch two or three innings, fall asleep, watch a couple of more innings, fall asleep, watch a few more innings, fall asleep. You get my drift.

I tried, but after midnight, it was a chore to stay awake. I completely missed the top of the 22nd inning when the Rockies took the lead. I woke up just in time for the bottom half of the inning to begin.

It's hard to believe that a game can last 22 innings. Imagine that if we had trouble staying awake, how about the players performing, especially with all of the pressure of an extra-inning tie game. And the umpires, six hours of standing. I guess they all deserve a hand. The question, however, remains: Were the players that good in keeping it tied, or that bad in not getting the clutch hit or making the big pitch?

I guess it doesn't matter. At least one thing is for sure: The fans who stayed the entire time got their money's worth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me