Plaisted to enter NBA Draft

I know this will absolutely hurt Wyoming basketball fans, but BYU's Trent Plaisted has decided to enter his name in the upcoming NBA draft.

Plaisted, however, will maintain his college eligibility by not hiring an agent, leaving open the option to return for his senior season with the Cougars. If you recall, former Wyoming guard Jay Straight did the same thing before coming back for his senior season with the Cowboys. The three-time all-Mountain West Conference selection averaged 15.6 points and 7.7 rebounds a year for BYU.

"I have decided to put my name in and pursue my options with the NBA at this time," Plaisted said in a release. "I am not signing with an agent because I want to leave open the possibility of coming back for my senior season. Playing professional basketball is definitely a goal of mine and we have a very good team here at BYU, so either way I think my options are good."

By making himself eligible for the draft, Plaisted can be invited to pre-draft camps designed to evaluate potential draft choices and participate in workouts with NBA teams. College underclassmen have until April 27 to declare for the draft. Student-athletes who have not signed with an agent can return to college by withdrawing from the draft by June 16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me