Off to Vegas

A quirk in the schedule has me missing Saturday's Spring Game. I'll be in Las Vegas competing in the International Team Dart Championships.

I know, poor, pitiful me.

Normally, the tournament is at the end of the month, but for some reason officials moved it up two weeks. It will be a short trip -- Friday through Monday -- but it should be a lot of fun. I've competed in the tournament every year but last year since 2002 and have placed in an event in each year. The soft-tip tournament draws about 6,000-8,000 of the best dart players from across the world (although a majority are from the U.S.) There is an international team competition between the U.S., Canada, France, Germany and sometimes England (they prefer steel-tip darts). That can be fun to watch because they are all very good. In fact, many of the European players are professionals and are paid to compete in the tournament.

Anyway, I'll try to get an update on the Spring Game sometime Saturday on Wyomingsports.org and apologize for not being there. But I planned this before I knew the Spring Game date. Besides, it's Vegas in April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me