Melo out

The last few years I have had little reason to get excited about the NBA. I pay attention about as much as I need to. I know what's going on; I just don't care anymore.

I especially don't care if the Nuggets make the playoffs (they did because of Monday night's loss by Golden State). I just haven't been able to get behind this team.

Now Carmelo Anthony is arrested for DUI Monday morning.

Anthony has repeatedly showed his lack of maturity, his lack of common sense and his lack of class. His latest incident just shows that he is not a sports hero, he is not a role model.

Yet, he'll probably be given another chance. I'm not saying that a person doesn't deserve opportunities to turn his life around; we all make mistakes. Learning from your mistakes, however, is part of life.

That is apparently the part of life Anthony doesn't understand.

And that's a shame.

Tuesday update: Anthony read a short prepared statement before practice, apologizing to the fans, his teammates and the organization. Teammate Allen Iverson was by his side.

Suggestion to the Nuggets: Now that you are in the playoffs, suspend Anthony for Wednesday night's season finale without play. Load him up on community service.

Suggestion to NBA: Suspend Anthony for the first playoffs game without pay. Fine him $50,000 (hit him wear it hurts the most).

Reality: Nothing will likely come of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me