He gone

Possibly the most annoying baseball broadcaster (unless you are a White Sox fan) is Ken "Hawk" Harrelson. If you are a Twins fan like myself, he just grinds on you.

Harrelson's trademark is a short and sweet, "He Gone" when a White Sox pitcher strikes out an opponent.

Watching the Twins and White Sox on Wednesday, he said it twice in the top half of the ninth inning.

In the bottom half of the ninth, with the Twins leading 4-3 and the White Sox threatening with two runners on base with two outs, Minnesota closer Joe Nathan struck out Nick Swisher to end the game.

What's Harrelson's comment? A long pause and a very quiet, "and the Twins win 4-3."

I wasn't quiet. In fact, I screamed at least five times, "HE GONE ... COME ON, HAWK, SAY IT, SAY IT!!!!"

If my dog Sam didn't think it before, he thinks it now. "This man, whom I depend on, is absolutely crazy."

He might be right. If that is the case, then maybe, "I Gone."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Sam & Me