I can't wait

I've come to the conclusion that I am not very good at waiting.

As I write, I'm waiting for the official announcement of the bowl game scenario for the Wyoming Cowboys, although it is probably a foregone conclusion that they will compete in the New Mexico Bowl.

I'm waiting for the Broncos-Chiefs game to get over as I do the (radio) production board in a studio that has topped out at 56 degrees. I guess it is better than being outside at about 8 degrees.

I'm waiting for my wife to get out of the hospital as she recovers from her back/spine fusion surgery. I can't wait until she improves so she can begin leading a normal life again. She has gone through a lot recently and deserves something positive to happen.

I'm waiting to hear about a job that I applied and interviewed for. This job would take me out of Laramie, but after two years of only part-time employment, I need this not only mentally but financially.

Of course, I've been waiting for something positive financially to happen with this site, Wyoming Sports.org, but my timing obviously bites. Hence, the need for a full-time paying job, which would take away (and has) my work on Wyoming sports.org. I'm sure you have noticed.

I'm waiting for my Ford Explorer to be fixed (it was damaged in Teresa's accident on Nov. 10). As much as I like driving the GM Canyon pickup that I am renting, my bank account would prefer me to drive my own vehicle.

As I think about all of the waiting I am doing, I googled waiting in music and the site has 35 songs about waiting.

Here's a sample:
The Waiting-Tom Petty; Waiting for a girl like you-Foreigner; Wait-White Lion; Waiting on a friend-Rolling Stones.

I guess there isn't a song about waiting for your car to get fixed. Sounds like a country and western song: "Waiting to get my pickup fixed as I wait for my momma to get out of prison." Hmmm....

I know what you're probably thinking. You're waiting for this to make any sense.

Well, join the club.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for the memories

Chargers sign Vinnedge, Betschart

Do fired NFL coaches still get paid?